Saturday, January 2, 2010

High School Friendships

I had a wonderful New Years, one of the best I'd say. I had never been into Boston for First Night, so it was a real treat this year to finally be able to. But not only did I go to First Night, I spent it with friends.

When talking to Jean later about this, I mentioned that they weren't "that bad." I said this because we never hung out with them too much until after graduation, and I hoped she felt the same way about this group as I did. And she recalled a conversation we had that I only remember after she mentioned it. I said something along the lines of, "when I come back from college, those are the friends I want to see. Those are the people I want to surround myself with. In all honesty, these are the friends I'll have probably for the rest of my life."

And its true. Although I only really and truly got to know them at the end of Senior Year, they are the people I want to surround myself with. They are the ones I want to hang out with when I come home from Minnesota. They enjoy my company and respect me for who I am. They actually like having me around. I have a great time with them. I can be myself.

Sometimes your closest friends are the ones you least expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment